How to build a correct email marketing strategy for your brand?
Email marketing is the act of sending business or commercial emails to a target audience or a group of people. In simple words, we can say that marketing your services by using email. Email marketing is a great strategy for a business that helps to reach and connect with your audience in the most appropriate way. Even in 2021, brands prefer email marketing more than other options.
According to Hub Spot, 80% of business leaders believe that email marketing helps amplify customer retention.
Why email marketing?
Many other digital marketing strategies came up in years, but no one has replaced this traditional yet the best way. It has the potential to expand your brand quickly. Email newsletter plays a crucial role in email marketing. Email newsletters are emails sent by a company to a subscriber list. And these emails are only sent out to those who have subscribed to their newsletter. Here are some reasons why it is so crucial for a business:
- Helps the brand to stay in contact with their audience
- It is easy to measure
- It is affordable
- it permits you to specialize in your target market
- A large number of people uses email
- When it comes to the ROI of a company, none-other than email marketing provides a higher rate
- It is consumer-centric
How to plan the strategy?
Email marketing is a vital component of any marketing plan. It provides a ton of opportunities to a brand. Some proven facts:
- 87% of B2B marketers use email marketing to promote their business.
- 77% of them uses email newsletters
- The average and expected ROI is $42 for every 1$ spent on email marketing
There are many ways in which a brand can optimize its email marketing strategy. Some of them are listed below:
- Define your goals: Having a goal is a prime step to making a marketing plan. A brand should have a clear idea of what are your expectations at the end of your strategy. You can take a hint from the following goals:
- Increase sales
- Get new customers
- Build an organic email list: This step is crucial for the success of an email marketing strategy. The easiest to build an email subscriber list is to include a ‘subscribe’ button on your website. So that the emails only reach interested customers or end up in the spam folder.
- Segment your email subscriber list: segmentation is the core of any marketing plan. It helps you to understand your subscribers and that helps in the growth of the brand.
- Clean your email list: Keep it up to date as it helps to know the trends.
- Crafting gripping subject lines: The subject is the first thing that a user notices. It is the deciding factor if the user will open the email or not. It should focus more on consumer needs rather than on some spammy phrases.
- Use an attractive layout: There are online sites, where you can take help to use an effective template.
- Schedule the emails: It is suggested to send an email on a set schedule. Avoid sending many emails. Based on your needs, you can decide the frequency and timing of your emails.
Email marketing has always been the priority for a brand. It helps to reach your target audience. There are many benefits one can get from an email marketing strategy. Every brand should plan this.